Thursday, September 13, 2007

HW6: Interests for Semester Long Project.

The social computing technologies that I am most interested in right now are Instant Messaging, social networking services, and video sharing sites such as youtube. I am constantly on AIM whether I’m on my computer or have an away message up and it is a great way to keep in contact with people all over the place. I also think that social networking services are really changing the Internet all together. I’ve had a Myspace or Facebook almost all through high school and now in college. They’re a great way to meet new people and stay in touch with friends. Although there is a lot of junk on the site, I am interested in youtube because anyone can put practically anything on the site and even voice your opinion. The marginalized group that I am most interested in is Ageism. I think young people in general do not get the respect they deserve and need to have their voices heard. The other two I checked off were Racism and Religious intolerance. Both of which are issues everywhere in the world. The geographical areas that I’d like to start looking at are the US, because it is our country and Industrialized countries because this project is about today’s technologies, so it makes sense.

No comments: