Tuesday, September 11, 2007

HW 4: Option 1 Danger Moose

After reading “The Voice of the Customer” (Kline & Burstein 101-123) I chose to look up music producer and DJ, Danger Moose. He is mentioned on page 107. I searched DJ Danger Moose on wikipedia.com. I found out that his birth name is Brian Burton; he was born on July 29, 1977 and is from White Plans, New York. I also found out that he is part of the very popular duo Gnarls Barkley. The link to check out Danger Moose is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danger_Mouse. I found this interesting mostly because I am a huge hip-hop fan. Also it is crazy to think that a man became an overnight success in the cutthroat entertainment business all because of blogs. He had no marketing or other support from any music label at all, yet with the support of loggers became a success. He even received a Grammy nomination for producer of the year. I’d also be interested in listening to his Grey Album, which was downloaded over 1 million times in a week online and is an intriguing collaboration. He mixed versions of Jay Z's The Black Album over beats crafted from samples of The Beatles' White Album. Danger Moose most likely won’t be the last music success stemming from blogs.

1 comment:

Tracy Mendham said...

Nice work. I'm glad someone looked into Danger Mouse.