Thursday, September 6, 2007

HW 1: The Next Generation Web

After reading David Burstein’s 12 key ideas “From Cave Painting to Wonkette” his very first point stood out to me the most. To say that Blogs are at the center of the next generation Web is an exceptionally profound statement. Without even realizing it, the World Wide Web has changed drastically over the last decade to the point that there is unlimited amount information and personalization. It is hard to think that my oldest sister, who just turned 30, left for college without even purchasing a computer let alone, not having the Internet, AIM, facebook, google, Myspace, E-mail all right at her desk. It is so interactive and easy to use it is ridiculous. I could be instant messaging my sister, e-mailing my mom, writing on the wall of my other sisters facebook virtually all at the same time. Blogs have even kept my family close. Many of my Aunts and cousins have started their own blogs and it is very easing to know that I can know what’s going on in their lives without even picking up a telephone. I can see pictures and even videos of my two youngest cousins who live halfway across the world while on my Aunts blog. With blogs leading the way the next generation web is revolutionizing the world.

2 comments:

Tracy Mendham said...

Is this HW 2?

Tracy Mendham said...

Joe, this meets the requirements of the assignment and does a nice job of connecting the reading to your own experience.
Don't forget to spellcheck, and use consistent, standard English capitalization of proper nouns (names):
...not having the Internet, AIM, Facebook, Google, MySpace, and E-mail all right at her desk..