Thursday, November 1, 2007

HW 18: The Real World

All of the blogs that I am watching are democratic related and it’s really hard for me to dislike any of those posts because I am a devoted democrat. So I did a 180 and checked out the women’s gossip blog Jezebel that everyone seems to like. I came across a post about the TV show the real world about the episode last night that I happened to watch. A girl on the show wanted to leave the house and her roommates to go home to be with her boyfriend that she clames to love. The post has a real problem with her boyfriend and claims, “he's such a douche for not wanting her to gain new experiences and take advantage of the opportunities offered to her”. I think this comment is a little extreme since yes she is missing out on many things but it’s still her decision. It is not about the empowerment of women its more about if she is really in love with this guy and if she’s will to miss out on opportunity to be with him. This is my least favorite blog of the week.

No comments: